Maybe you’re confident you’ve got all the right insurance protection in place: car, home, business, life, travel – even pet insurance for Muffin, the family pup. But what about your outdoor spaces? Have you added a pool? A gazebo? A storage shed? If so, you may not be adequately covered under your homeowner’s policy – and that could leave you open to huge financial risk.
That’s true whether you actively invite people onto your property – or fail to erect barricades to keep unauthorized people out. Take a look around. Are your outdoor spaces well maintained? If not, they can represent serious health hazards – and possible financial devastation if someone is hurt on your property.
Here are a few pointers to consider:
- Find out whether any recent additions or improvements you’ve made are covered under your homeowner’s policy.
- Check the condition of each structure (including deck, stairs, walkways, etc.) and repair or replace any equipment or areas that show excessive wear or have become structurally unsound.
- Perform regular, routine maintenance on all your outdoor property.
- Check to ensure you’re adequately covered. The standard recommended liability insurance is $1,000,000.
- Consider purchasing umbrella coverage to enhance your existing auto and homeowner’s policies.
So take the time to look a little closer at your outdoor spaces. Then, give Steers Insurance a call. We’re right in your neighbourhood and as close as your phone. We’ll help make sure your outdoor summer recreation is as safe and worry-free as it is fun!